VELOREVOLUTION has 6 Teams wearing its brand in the 2016 An Post RAS
In the 2016 An Post Ras, a world UCI 2.2 ranking race containing professionals from across the globe and Ireland’s best amateurs, we were delighted to see 6 whole teams (each team has 5 riders and their support personnel) wearing VeloRevolution clothing whilst racing and afterwards. We were the largest supplier of clothing to Irish Riders in the race when you take the 30 – 35 riders (some guested on other teams) wearing our items out of an entry list of 90 Irish riders from the total field of 180.
The teams were,
- Mego Racing Raw Cycles from Limerick.
- Orwell Wheelers, Irelands biggest cycling club from Dublin.
- Team ASEA-Wheelworx, Irelands best team in 2015 and winners of the Irish County team award in the event. We also co-sponsor this racing team.
- Dungarvan Cycling Club from Waterford.
- Comeragh Cycling Club from Waterford City.
- Our very own sponsored team, Strata3-VeloRevolution-StephenRocheCycling-AnRothar Racing Team from Cork.
It was great to see that all of these riders performed at the highest level possible in Ireland and in the hardest race also they can enter over 8 gruelling days and 1,200km of road. With speeds averaging 45km per hour each day for the distances varying from 140km stages to 185km in length, this proved our clothing range is quality as it aided these athletes to perform.
Below are some shots of the guys from our own photographers on the route and others such as Sean Rowe, George Doyle and DC Images.